Amuse-Bouche

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Here goes nothing!

I love good food -- eating it, cooking it, looking at it, reading about it, and last, but certainly not least, talking about it. I'm new to the blog world, but thought a blog would be a good place for me to talk about food, even if I'm just talking to myself.

My husband Aren and I just moved up to the city (that would be San Francisco) from Palo Alto. We're loving it so far and have been exploring lots of new restaurants. So, I'll start this blog by describing this weekend's food experience, dinner at Betelnut, an Asian beer house in Cow Hollow.

We were seated on arrival, even though we were early for our 8:30 reservations. The restaurant isn't particularly cozy, but I wasn't really expecting it to be. We started off with some fairly tasty cocktails -- a sake-rita (get it?) for me and a singapore sling for Aren. We munched on wok-tossed peanuts with anchovies (yum!) while deciding what to order.

We ended up selecting the minced chicken lettuce cups (I had read lots of rave reviews about these), "little dragon" pork dumplings, oven roasted whole fish, and a scallion hotcake. Everything was yummy, but nothing was to die for. The hostess encouraged us to select the whole fish over other large plates -- I've had better whole fish at other Asian establishments, such as the Slanted Door. While nothing knocked my socks off, I'm sure we'll visit Betelnut again!

Until my next worth-blogging-about food experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home