Amuse-Bouche

Monday, June 26, 2006

Food Bytes

I don't have any new restaurant experiences to share with you. So, instead, here are a couple food-related thoughts:

1. AG Ferrari's fresh burrata, which lands in AG's 24 hours after being produced in Italy. Burrata is an incredibly fresh cheese, part mozzarella, part cream. We served our burrata with a thinly sliced baguette and dumped the leftovers, skins and all, into a tomato sauce for a delectable dinner the next evening.

2. Pizzeria Delfina's pizzas. We enjoyed one topped with egg, another with anchovies, and another with broccoli rabe. So fresh and so clean.

3. Power bars. While Aren was out of town, my girlfriend and I had her brother and his friend over for a drink. Her brother will not eat sugar or carbs, so I had to think of something to serve with the plate of cheeses, bread, olives, nuts, and cherries I had prepared for everyone else. I settled on a cubed power bar, arranged around a bright orange gardenia. Genius!

4. That's all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home